Sunday, January 31, 2010

First Post of the 2010




Ok, so it has been a while since I blogged about anything. I've decided that this year I will keep a better record of the things that are going on with our family.

This past Thursday was the annual Henrys Point Boy Scout Pinewood derby. Tyson loves this event. He worked hard on his car, from coming up with the body design, picking out the color and decorations to the sawing, sanding and wheel placement of the car. He spent quite a bit of time on it and turned out a pretty good little car ( with a little help from his Dad and Gpa.) I'm so proud of the work he put into it. He was able to defend his title and took first place again this year. The pine wood derby is always fun. But I have to say what made me more excited and happy for Tyson is that I see him developing skills he will need in the future. He was a great sport, giving high 5's and shaking hands, telling others they were doing a good job. And what it makes it even better is I didn't even have to remind him to do so. Time goes by so fast and he is becoming a young man before my eyes.

4 comments:

Cally said...

yeah for being such a good sport!

R said...

holy cow you updated!!

Tiffany said...

I know it's been forever. I will do better this year. at least 1 post a month is my goal.

Candis said...

So crazy that your boys are doing big kid stuff. We love to hear about them. They are such great kids. Ty looks just like is Grandpa! Love you guys!

Contributors