His party was simple. His Dad is in Scotland so we called in the middle of the night so he could watch via the internet. This was nice because it made us feel like he was here and a part of things even though he was so far away. As we sang "Happy Birthday" to him he stared at the candle and clapped until the song was over and then stuck his fingers into his cupcake. He could of cared less about blowing out the candle. (Even though we have been practicing blowing for the last month, he has blown on everything. But it was a no go for the candle. Maybe next year.)
It was fun to watch him open his presents and I think he felt special. He knew all eyes were on him.
Earlier in the day Gma Thomas came by and took the kids out for lunch. They brought Gage his own dessert which he shared with all of his brothers and they all enjoyed it. She brought B day presents for Cade and Gage and they all loved seeing Gma.
It was a good day even though we were missing Dad. We just might have to have another party when he gets home. Gage has started to take a few steps, I wouldn't say he's walking but he's close and I'm afraid he will figure it out before Josh gets home. I still can't believe he is one! Happy Birthday Gage.
2 comments:
A year already! He's too cute...I love how all your boys look so much alike! Happy Birthday little buddy!
Happy Birthday Gage! That's cool that Josh could still be at the party. He's a cute little 1 yr. old. You have a busy March too!
Post a Comment