Well I took a walk this afternoon in Buenos Aires. It was nice to get out and stretch my legs a little bit and see something besides planes, taxis, offices, and hotel rooms. I walked to a place called "La Recoleta" which is a famous cemetery where all the important people in Argentina are buried (yea I saw Evita's grave and it wasn't all that exciting). But all around this famous cemetery they have shopping and restaurants and things. Well on the weekends the park that is there is full of people selling things. Handmade arts and crafts. It was nice to walk thru but I had more fun watching the people! The Latin people are awesome and very friendly. It started to bring back some of those good feelings from when I served a mission amongst them in Uruguay. I really enjoyed just strolling around and watching the people. I took some pictures and a couple of short video clips:


This is proof that there are bulldog lovers in Argentina too. These people were awesome! I saw this husband and wife sitting on the grass with their bulldog so I went up and started talking to them and before you know it we were sharing pictures of our kids and our dogs like we were long lost friends.

Anyway, I am alive and well and trying to keep myself busy until my beautiful wife gets here on Thursday.
2 comments:
I love seeing these pictures of you. We miss you. I can't wait until I see you on Thursday. (thank you for calling me beautiful.)
Looks so cool- did you take the video with your phone? It's good you were able to have a break and enjoy the location.
Post a Comment